Georgetown Women of the ELCA
“For it is God who is at work in you, enabling you both to will and to work for his good pleasure.”
As a community of women, created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action,and promote healing and wholeness in the Church, the society and the world.
To mobilize women to act boldly on their faith in Jesus Christ.
- To build communities that are cohesive, diverse, dynamic, compassionate and just based on common interests,
concerns, and commitments.
- To name and respond to issues affecting women through awareness, education, action, and advocacy.
- To build intergenerational connections that are meaningful and relevant.
- Holding a monthly meeting with bible study.
- Serving a monthly community meal – all are welcome! No charge, but donations are accepted. Half of all donations from the meal are donated to Loaves and Fishes food Pantry.
- Serving funeral meals for members & non-members.
- Making quilts for all babies baptized, graduates & other events.
- Supporting the Serenity House (homeless shelter) in Balsam Lake by financial donation and providing them with paper towels.
- Making kits for Lutheran World Relief (school, hygiene, baby, etc.)
- Providing coffee fellowship after worship.
- Organizing other special events such as concerts, speakers, etc.